Do you live in Ottawa?
Are you looking for help with a longstanding musculoskeletal condition?
Have you tried many other physical therapies without any long-term success?
If so, then my Osteopathy approach may be the solution you are looking for.
Let's start with what my Osteopathy Approach is.
What is My Osteopathy Approach?
My Osteopathy approach is a holistic therapy that aims to identify and treat the root cause of musculoskeletal problems in adults and older people.
What conditions can be helped by Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is excellent for helping acute and chronic longstanding musculoskeletal conditions in adults and older people.
Examples of conditions in adults and older people helped by my approach include:
- Back Pain
- Fall Injuries
- Joint Pain - Hands, Elbows, Shoulders, Hips, Knees and Ankles.
- Neck Pain
- Running and other sporting injuries
- Whiplash Injuries
- Chronic Pain, including Fibromyalgia and Arthritis.
- Headaches and Migraines
- TMJ Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Pelvic Pain
How Does My Osteopathy Approach Work?
I have a holistic approach to help resolve musculoskeletal problems in adults and older people.
I look at seven main factors when looking to resolve your symptoms:
- Structural issues, including joint and spinal misalignment.
- Nutritional Deficiencies.
- Current chronic stressors include work and home life.
- Past emotional traumas.
- Past physical traumas.
- Systemic inflammation.
- Biomechanical Issues.
My Osteopathy approach is a partnership in healing and is equally about me guiding you toward recovery and treatment.
What happens in the first appointment?
The purpose of the first meeting is mainly to gather information.
This process will include taking a complete medical history and a physical examination, including muscle response testing or Applied Kinesiology.
After the gathering process, the practitioner will advise you:
- What is the nature of your problem?
- What is the cause(s)?
- Whether Osteopathy is an appropriate and safe treatment to help your problem.
- If yes, the session will include hands-on therapies if time permits.
- You may be given dietary, nutritional or lifestyle advice at the end of the first session.
- Where appropriate, I may refer you to one of my colleagues I work with at Complete Wellbeing.
At follow-up visits, I will give more hands-on therapies.
How many follow-up treatments will I need?
On average, you will need between 6 - 8 treatments.
How long are the appointments?
Initial appointments are 60 minutes, and follow-up appointments are 30-45 minutes long.
What should I wear to appointments?
We recommend bringing a pair of shorts and a sports bra to each appointment.